Couple die in their sleep after inhaling generator fumes in Delta State.
The bodies of a couple identified as Ufuoma Atidja and Matilda Aghotor were found in their apartment along NDDC road in Amukpe, Sapele Local Government Area of Delta State.
It was gathered that the remains were discovered on Saturday morning, February 13, after neighbours peeped through the window. The man was allegedly found on the floor and the woman on the bed.
A source who pleaded anonymity told The Nation that the lovers attended a party the previous night.
“They came home late after the party and slept off yesterday, only to wake up this morning and we found them dead.” the source said.
According to the source, Ufuoma and Matilda had just returned to the country last year from an undisclosed overseas’ country and had reportedly moved into the vicinity last December.
“He occasionally uses his vehicle to shuttle between Sapele and Warri route, and he was a lively fellow who was always visible and when neighbours woke up that morning and noticed his vehicle was there and there was no sign of the wife and him, we became worried, his window was opened but when we noticed his door was locked inside, we became curious, that was when we looked through the windows and saw the dead bodies.” the source added.
However, another source said that their deaths may have been as a result of inhaling generator fumes.
“Their generator was put on yesterday when they came back and we are suspecting it must have been the cause of their death.”
Spokesperson of the Delta State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Onome Onowakpoyeya has confirmed the incident.